Terms and Conditions of the Competition
1. The Promoter is World Monologue Games and Undo Redo Entertainment.
2. Information on prizes and instructions on how to enter World Monologue Games Challenges: Last Man Standing (LMS) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. By entering LMS, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation is voluntary and entrants agree to participate exclusively and entirely at their own risk.
5. By entering or preparing to enter LMS, entrants agree to hold the Promoter harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any disability, death, loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in any activities in relation to this event.
6. All entrants must complete the mandatory Test Run prior to the event. This test ensures you are able access the LMS portal and submit without any issues. We do not accept "the website wasn't working" as an excuse for late submissions unless everyone is affected.
7. LMS 2023 begins on 31st October 2023 at 10:00pm AEDT, which is the time zone for Sydney Australia. Entrants must fill the submission form correctly and entries must be received by the Promoter by 10:00pm Sydney (AU) time each day.
8. All videos of the performances must be uploaded on YouTube. The video needs to be uploaded (and submitted) before 10:00pm Sydney (AU) time each day. We will use the YouTube timestamp as proof of this.
9. ALL videos must be left as public on YouTube for the ENTIRE duration of the LMS competition. You will be disqualified from the LMS 2023 competition, removed from the leaderboard and may be excluded from the WMG Challenge achievement programs if any of your performance videos is removed from YouTube or changed to unlisted.
10. Video submissions needs to be a new recording created specifically for LMS competition. Re-uploading of previous recordings will not be allowed. We will check the internet for copies of your recording (including but not limited to YouTube, Vimeo and social media). Any entrant found to contravene this condition will be disqualified.
11. You may be given certain parameters around the minimum and maximum performance time. In this circumstance, the duration of the monologue MUST fall within the specified time limit or the entry may be disqualified.
12. Scripts must be memorised. Entrants are not allowed to read off the script (whether in print or digital form) in their video performances. The Promoters reserve the right to make the determination based on the Entrant’s submitted video performance.
13. Submissions must be one continuous shot, rather than using multiple takes, camera angles or otherwise cutting footage together. Submissions which are not one continuous shot will be disqualified.
14. All videos must be monologues, with only the main performer visible at any time and no additional voices, extras or any audial/visual input in any way from another person. No music or sound effects may be added.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to re-publish the videos submitted for the competition on the Promoter's website, social media accounts or elsewhere as it sees fit.
16. Scripts given to the Entrants as part of the LMS Challenge are for their own use as audition monologues. Performance permission is granted to the Entrant only and no other person or third party is granted this permission. This performance permission does not grant any other rights to Entrant. The IP and copyright of the scripts remain with the IP owner.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or use of, or participation in, the prize.
18. The judges' decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Winners will be contacted by email. The Promoters will also announce the winners on the World Monologue Games website, other social media accounts or via livestream video on YouTube.
20. All prize winners agree to the use of the videos and their name for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
21. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
22. If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
23. If, for any reason, a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize will be forfeited.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
25. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or credit and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof) by its sponsors.
26. The Promoter collects personal information from the entrants to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The details of the winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including staff and prize suppliers. Entrants who fail to provide all requested information may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win a prize. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in misconduct. In those instances, there will with no recourse and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion modify, suspend or terminate the competition without notice.
30. Refund policy: we offer a full refund, if the request is sent to us via email, up to 1 month before the event start date. We offer 50% refund up until 14 days before the event start date. There is no refund if the email request is received after 14 days before the event start date.
A unique filmmaking challenge